You know the importance of goal-setting; you may even know the importance of plan-making. The clearer your goals, the better your mind is able to come up with plans to achieve them, and the clearer your plans, the better you are able to act upon them.
You may have learned of goal-setting methods, such as SMART and its variations. You may have tried goal-setting software, such as Goalscape and its alternatives. You may even have already shifted from a result-focused to a process-focused approach or learned to combine the two.
Perhaps one day I will elaborate more on goal layering, rhythms of interests, and other techniques and considerations, but for now, I will focus on just one simple aspect of my goal-setting process.
When working on the goal-shaped skeleton of my life-plan, I make sure that each sub-goal is as effective as it can be to support the fulfillment of its main goal. That preserves harmony throughout the skeleton, making it a whole, recognizable entity.
The main themes of my long-term goals are repeated throughout many of my medium-term goals, as are their sub-harmonics, in turn, heard within my short-term goals. Many of my shorter-term goals are merely statements of the requirements for reaching my longer-term goals.
To give another analogy, around the beating heart of my primary drive, there are many veins that spread out into other areas, and although they derive nourishment from and in turn support the heart, they are unique in their own right, reflecting the complexity human life ought to have.
Mission Statement: Evolve
To me, evolution is the ultimate expression of natural creativeness. It is the name I give to the point of convergence and the confirmation of the success of my main legacies in the areas of self-improvement, education, and ecology. All of my goals whose expected accomplishment stretches beyond my own lifetime are woven around the nexus of bringing it about. The influence that I want my life to have in times to come is to help further human evolution in harmony with Nature. This is my ultimate goal, to which all of my goals and sub-goals aim, Whenever I formulate a goal, I first ask myself: will this contribute to evolution, and is there something else I can do instead to better contribute to evolution?
That is also a good confirmation of my principles of behavior: whether my actions are conducive to the betterment of humanity and to greater harmony with Nature is among my main criteria when choosing behaviors.
One simple yet highly creative and potent example is simply acting in such a way as to cultivate positive emotions within my own self and spread them among others; positivity helps breed better thoughts and actions and to keep spreading a positive influence that enhances health, intelligence, and all good things.
I believe you can live a life of purpose. I believe you can will your actions and thoughts to be truly your own. I believe you can achieve success in your own terms, not just the terms expected of you. I believe you can set meaningful goals for yourself that help you make a difference in your own life and the lives of others. I believe in your strength of will and mind because I believe in mine. If I can do it, so can you. The choice is yours.
The manner in which I represent my goals is rather nonlinear, as a matrix of fractal influences that together harmonize to create higher layers of influences in a continuous flow of evolutionary growth, with many concepts involved in its projection.
Nevertheless, for the purposes of this article, I have organized the goals in the simplistic shape of timeframes and categories. As time allows I will add some diagrams to aid in representing them; perhaps a GoalScape diagram for each timeframe would suffice, or, if there is sufficient interest, I might digitize and share some of the flow charts that I have drawn in my personal notes.
This is solely a statement of my goals; it does not include the plans and processes for reaching those goals, which are instead sketched in my article “Design For A Life: How To Plan Your Goals Masterclass“.
Lifetime Goals, AKA Legacies
- Leave behind a treasure-trove of works of literature and philosophy to be made available to all of humanity, as well as of research and invention to be shared only with my family and partly with my close community; works that spark positive thoughts and emotions and provide stories and methods of self-betterment.
- Leave behind a legacy of positive self-expression consisting of acts of helping other people and living beings, of examples of virtuous living – e.g. self-reliance and kindness -, and of useful service to Nature and humankind – e.g. forests planted and special schools for gifted children established –.
- Leave behind a wealth of advances both theoretical and practical in the fields of self-improvement, education, ecology, and others related to the enhancement of life, culminating in a living design for a new society and culture: thoughts, plans, and experiments for a way of living and of interacting with each other and the rest of Nature that enables the long-term betterment of individuals, communities and their ecologies; the psychological and sociological equivalent of a Project Venus, an Auroville-like creation rooted in an understanding of Nature and its laws derived from the first-hand experience of living in harmony with it.
- Identify, attract and aid in the elevation of as many quality humans and their children as possible, in part by providing environments for them to gather into and form their own autonomous societies and cultures that support their efforts for self-betterment, culminating in a series of Arks to serve as examples to inspire other quality humans to self-organize into building their own.
- Encourage and aid prodigious individuals from all walks of life to fulfill more of their creative potential by providing the conditions, education, and aid they need in order to grow into their greater value that they may share through their deeds and works; aid including friendship, financial relief, motivational speaking and writing, support groups of like-minded peers, and raising public awareness of their value and needs; a project similar to the Art Renewal Center, but with a broader range that evaluates, promotes and rewards all manners of talents, while having a narrower focus of selecting only the very highest echelons of talent.
- Create a new society and culture dedicated to all-around self-improvement, a new education that enables children to grow into wholly developed human beings, refining a way of living leading to evolution, and acting for the restoration of ecosystems; a positive environment in which the seed of an evolved human sub-species can thrive and bloom while also preserving and protecting the natural community of which they are part.
- Produce a family treasure and inheritance of quality: quality traits and talents and their expression in books and other works, produced either by my family or by other elevated humans, now or in the past; a library of all and only what can serve to elevate my family and children and help us be more useful to Nature and to other human beings; an inheritance of wealth and relations that ensure the best opportunities for my children’s education and creative works, that is, find and acquire the top quality tools and teachers to aid in their training and productive work, as well as the best physical and social environment for their living and growth; a training ground employing the best tools and techniques to integrally develop all aspects of the human body, mind, and heart.
- Raise healthy, prodigious children that share my ecological and evolutionary mission and are endowed with the training and conditions to fulfill it, and with the drive to further it and pass it along to others; to make a family legacy out of the mission to save as much of Nature as possible in whatever way they are able to, without losing their own lives, and pursuing their own evolution so as to have more time and better means of eventually doing so or their own children doing so.
- Start an organization or open a school dedicated to experimenting with, developing and refining a dynamic method and open system of education that focuses on helping children elevate themselves above their teachers’ condition, to raise normal children into gifted children and gifted children into prodigious children (not unlike the aim but unlike the means of other forms of education that strive to raise deficient children into normal children), and aligns them to do likewise with their own children.
My ultimate ecological goal is to create a worldwide network of tribes of quality individuals in co-operative self-orchestration striving towards their and their children’s evolution by increasing their usefulness to Nature through the removal of pollution, replating of trees and general restoration of the natural environment surrounding their villages to the point where they can heal natural environments at a rate matching that at which they are being sickened by the rest of humanity.
This goal is three-fold:
- Do everything in my power, including the founding of non-profit as well as for-profit organizations, to preserve, restore and protect as many habitable, biodiverse slices of the Earth that can serve as life sanctuaries safe from human-caused destruction and degradation as possible, at least to the degree of allowing for the preservation of a life-supporting ecosystem that ensures the survival of the elevated humans so that they can in turn aid the planet to heal.
- Create an educational method to prepare my children and other elevated children of various communities to spread out and continue the work of my community, that of planting trees and in other ways aiding the planet to heal, partly in order to delay collapse and prepare for accelerating the recovery of the planet enough that the rhythm of global restorative efforts counter-balances the rhythm of global destructive effects.
- Build an organization to enable global co-ordination of restorative efforts between other organizations, tribes, communities and individuals, identifying and targeting areas critical to preserving planetary biodiversity and life-support systems, and working within a growing framework of understanding of the key rhythms of planetary life and those of human interference, constantly re-forging the means to adhere to a common plan that feasibly allows true planetary restoration.
- Transcend my class of mind by learning to incorporate into my thinking more ingredients including sensory perceptions and learning to amplify and analyze all of my sensory perceptions to a sufficient degree to replace basic laboratory instruments, as well as by training and improving all of my mind’s capabilities until new capabilities are born that I did not previously possess nor were other normal humans reported to possess, as measured on a test of the sensory-logic quotient. I know I do not know what I am aiming for – how could I know an emergent attribute beforehand? – but I also know I am willing to expend any effort and endure any hardship that this goal requires.
- Learn to communicate by emotion with my family to a sufficient degree of detail and accuracy to enable the creation of a telepathic language well developed enough to replace spoken language, to control my emotions to a sufficient degree to achieve a stable emotion of love as my root emotion, and to make use of memories formed within stable emotions to improve my memory capacity.
- Acquire a breadth of skills that enables me to appreciate in rough terms much of the potential of the human creature. In particular, master the skills of awareness, observation, thinking, writing, and teaching, and learn the other skills in my “Skills Bucket List” article.
- Acquire a breadth of knowledge that enables me to comprehend a glimpse of the wonders and majesty of the world, in particular, a knowledge that is useful for living a virtuous life, for enabling me to create helpful tools and beautiful writings, and for supporting my other goals including the design, leadership, and financing of my planetarian projects. Detailed in my “Knowledges Bucket List”.
- Acquire a breadth of experience that enables me to appreciate the beauty and richness of human life, and to build up a degree of wisdom and inner peace. Detailed in my “Experiences Bucket List”.
- Acquire favorable traits, such as love, honesty, quietude, and perceptiveness, that enable me to taste and know a degree of virtue, and to self-create states of mind, heart and body that are beautiful, positive and better.
- Experience the love that Christ taught, the enlightenment that Buddha taught, and attain the chief aims of the great religions and systems of self-improvement, enabling me to create and refine my own.
- Reach and maintain through continuous training peak physical, mental and emotional fitness.
My ultimate travel goal is to see as much of the natural environment of this beautiful planet as I can over the course of my life, gather within my heart a treasure trove of memories of the beauty it still holds throughout my lifespan, and write of them in my blog-journal with the aim of inciting future generations to look back upon and strive to restore the beauty that once was within the planet, as well as to motivate and teach me and others to preserve it to the best of our ability.
This goal is three-fold:
- Visit over a thousand of the most beautiful and varied natural wonders on earth, interacting with and gaining a wealth of experience of their environments, plants, and animals.
- Capture their beauty in a journal-album-blog of descriptions, studies, photographs, films, and stories and, at least in some cases, use them as settings for other writings that may inspire others to help preserve or restore them.
- In every place visited, strive to always leave the environment in a better condition than when I arrived, whether it means removing some waste, planting some trees, aiding some animals, or something else; but only take measures that I researched and reasoned not to have the potential for adverse effects (i.e. don’t release foreign species into environments where they don’t belong etc.). This may also be done as a group endeavor, with cleaning and planting trips organized through my blog, where the profits go to fund further cleaning efforts.
- Develop a family treasure consisting of our own unique journaled and photographed experiences, our inventions, our works in art, music or literature, our most worthwhile thoughts, ideas, lessons, principles and values, our good deeds and books on all things positive and on how to do good, how to do business, how to do everything as a quintessence of all that one generation learned to be passed on to the next, and observed as it grows into its own unique family culture, merging with that of our community to form the basis for our tribe in generations to come.
- Raise three healthy, prodigious children, and educated them to reach the peaks of physical, mental and emotional fitness, providing them with the experience, knowledge, and skills that can help them live a virtuous, meaningful, betterment-driven life.
- Explore and deepen love with my wife, and live together through experiences that enable us to create shared memories while growing a tighter emotional bond.
My ultimate financial goal is to amass, retain and grow unceasingly and ever more effectively throughout the time of my life and the generations that follow after me sufficient wealth to ensure the continued independence from society and increase in number, size, and quality of my self-contained tribe’s members and their ability to spread to and help preserve and restore natural environments to and beyond the point where the sum of saved environments is enough to save a good part of the diversity of planetary life.
This goal is three-fold:
- Amass over a billion dollars in personal wealth (in 2020’s purchase power) via businesses, investments and other means, including at least one lasting, stable business, reliably providing the resources to be invested so that at least one instance of each of my planetarian projects succeeds, while also making sure that the nature of the businesses, investments and other means themselves does not conflict with the aims of those projects, and that almost the entirety of my wealth is invested into these and similar projects that can help better humankind and heal the planet.
- Join hands with other billionaires, various business owners and investors large and small, local governments via grants, redirection of budget expenditures and other forms of aid, as well as the general public via fundraising and other avenues, in order to create a foundation supplying an investment of at least ten billion dollars (in 2020’s purchase power) into my planetarian projects over my lifespan, in particular into the organization for the preservation and restoration of natural environments.
- Generate enough impulse-force and mass-magnetism to ensure the perpetuation of my projects and of the businesses and foundations that support them even after my lifespan in such a way as to one day amass over one hundred billion dollars (in 2020’s purchase power) in total investments into my planetarian projects.
II. Four Decades Goals
III. Three Decades Goals
IV. Two Decades Goals
V. One Decade Goals
- To have published at least ten books and written at least twenty.
- To have created a village for ourselves as the nucleus of our new society with other quality individuals who wish to join our tribe and are inspired by our vision.
- To have started up an ONG for the restoration of natural areas, based in part on a comprehensive study of the demands, critical areas and best techniques of planetary scale restoration of Nature, a study to include first-hand experience with the likely areas and consulting with the natives.
- To have started up a research group, think tank, web network and special school dedicated to finding the best education to elevate individuals into their greater evolutionary potential, based in part on our study of the educational thought, studies and practices of peoples all over the world, and in part on our vision for consciously guided evolution through self-willed self-improvement at the social scale.
- To have traveled together with my children on at least a hundred great trips to some of the most beautiful places in the world, and along the way to have picked up a hundred useful skills from our experiences, from my own self-taught learning, from native masters, and from world-class teachers encountered.
- To have taught myself and my children how to use our senses and mind, to be able to analyze sensory perceptions of all five senses and be consciously aware of dozens of multiple simultaneous events in our environments, to observe and to think with an awakened mind.
- To have reached peak physical, mental and emotional fitness for myself, and to have guided my children on a path to doing likewise.
- To have taught myself and my children how to communicate via emotion with one another and with other living beings to a high enough degree to enable us to start developing a telepathic language that will eventually supplant the need for sound-based speech.
- To have read at least five hundred books and watched at least one hundred documentaries.
- To have learned alongside my children physics, biology, ecology, cosmology, chemistry, inventing and much more, while also continuing to pursue the necessary learning for my projects and my business.
- To strive to cultivate in myself and my children desirable, evolutionary traits and standards such as sensitivity, honesty, quietude, love, compassion, empathy, caring, politeness, modesty, curiosity, justness and many more.
- To have learned very well the skills of writing, teaching, parenting, and well playing an instrument, speaking languages, observing and more.
- To start a big business, poised to generate at least a million dollars in profit per year on average within the following decade. This could be based on the utility calculator app idea, the dream exchange platform idea, the expansion and monetization of my blogs, or something else entirely. In order to do so, I will develop and apply my financial talents to the utmost, making use of every great idea and taking advantage of every good means of making it big that I can come up with.
- To start asking grants for my tribe, ONG and school, and publicizing my ideas and projects concerning them.
- To obtain an initial one million dollars funding to spend on starting the social venture, the ecological project, and the educational experiment. This could be done via my business, grants, making it big as a movie star, making it big as a writer, websites and blogs, online sales, investments and/or any other means.
- To secure a passive income of at least ten thousand dollars per month to use for my family’s personal spendings, my children’s education, my travels, and so forth.
- To spend at least four hours every day playing and learning with my children.
VI. Five-Year Goals:
- To have started three power blogs dedicated to the topics of self-improvement, education and ecology, and grown each to over a million visitors a month (including recurring visitors), with a good conversion.
- To have made my personal writer’s website a client magnet ensuring steady freelance work as well as a student converter for my courses.
- To have published at least five books, including the third fully edited book of my heavenly education series, and written at least ten.
- To have made three online courses to be published on my own website, on Udemy or on another aggregator.
- To perform a comprehensive study of the important rhythms of society and the earth in order to figure out the places on earth we ought to spread to and how we must act in each of them in order to initiate a full-scale, true planetary restoration project.
- To do a comprehensive study of all known topics related to education, and go to visit places where education is practiced with success in all areas, in order to formulate a plan for the education of our children that has as great of a net benefit value as possible; to create for them the very best parenting and education course in the world.
- To do a comprehensive study and experiment of all known self-improvement philosophies and systems, thinking of and trying out their concepts and techniques, mapping out and improving on my own every area of human development, for the purpose of eventually figuring out a means of breaking through normal human limitations.
- To learn the financial landscapes of ONGs, how to fund big projects such as the special school, how to start a business that could support them, how to make investments that would eventually accumulate to fund them, how to access grants, donations and international and national funds dedicated to social and ecological improvement, and read all relevant available literature on the topics as well as business, investment, marketing, related laws etc.
- To have read at least two hundred and fifty books and five thousand articles.
- To have earned at least fifteen thousand euro from sales of my books
- To have maintained earnings of at least fifteen thousand euro from passive income sources.
- To have started petitioning for grants and applying for aid for my organization.
- To have started making contacts of suppliers, handlers and customers for starting a big, automated business.
- To have grown my blogs to generate a passive income of a hundred thousand a year.
- To find world-class mentors, private tutors and teachers for our children to be able to learn from or with them all important skills and valuable personal examples for a fulfilled life; and that can improve
- To find quality individuals dedicated to further self-improvement; individuals who are looking for or have a vision for a new society, or who could be persuaded to adopt one; to formulate a first version of this vision that inspires, attracts and compels them; and to collaborate with them in forming a community dedicated to self-improvement.
- To find organizations and individuals dedicated to ecological work, to socialize with them, work together with them and attract them to my own vision of an ecological ONG.
VII. Four-Year Goals
- To have published the second fully edited book of my heavenly education series.
- To have read all relevant available literature on freelancing, freelance writing, writing, blogging, marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, digital marketing, online branding, SEO, passive income, publishing etc.
- To have read at least fifty more books and a thousand more articles.
- To have bought or rented a house for ourselves matching our established criteria – most importantly, to be somewhere natural and clean, in the midst of Nature and with access to but remote from society -, and to have renovated and decorated it according to my wife’s preferences and my own on a house design best suited for our educational purposes.
VIII. Three-Year Goals
- To have identified the place to settle in as a permanent home in which to raise our children for the first years of their lives, a safe personal place to which to return from our trips across the world for rest and play. The place must have clean soil, water and air, be close to a natural place safe to explore such as a forest with natural wildlife but not many dangerous predators, have a source of water nearby or provided naturally – such as a river, or frequent rains –, have fertile soil for us to be able to grow our own food in it, be affordable (under 100000 euro, preferably under 50000 euro, house and land included), not too close to but not too far from a village or little city (we don’t want noisy, polluting, negative neighbors, but we want to be able to socialize when we choose to, and to have access to some emergency medical services and teachers), with the house having at least three rooms besides the kitchen and the bath, preferably having round shapes rather than straight walls, preferably (we can relocate later) allow enough expansion of land for a little village to house our tribe at some point (10 – 20 acres around it), be in a political climate that allows homeschooling, preferably that meddles as little as possible in our private lives and our private choices for educating our own children (AKA does not impose a standard public school like curriculum on homeschooled children).
- To have started a blog dedicated to ecology and the conservation, regeneration and extension of natural habitats, as well as the harmonization of human societies with natural systems, of our human lives with planetary life, including how to live an eco-harmonic lifestyle and how to build an eco-harmonic society.
- To have completed my elementary acting training at the Instituto del Cine Madrid or equivalent acting school classes.
- To have read another fifty books and a thousand articles.
- To have read all relevant available literature on biology, ecology, conservation biology, natural resource, waste and wetland management, forestry, tree planting, pollution reduction, environmental policy, education and legislation, general systems research etc.
- To have earned at least five thousand euro from acting.
- To have set up several sources of passive income netting at least five hundred euro per month.
- To be able to earn at least two thousand euro per month working part-time as a freelance writer, enough to fully replace my part-time job as a Teaching Assistant.
- To have earned at least thirty thousand euro while working no more than four hours a day, and saved or invested at least twelve thousand of those.
- To visit one hundred of the most beautiful places on earth, at least half of them together with my wife.
- To start doing volunteering work for a trustworthy ecological ONG, such as through planting trees, collecting waste, signing to lobby governments, teaching children, speaking publicly for the environment etc. – enough to learn every aspect of how such an ONG works, and to blog about my experience and learning.
- To meet, speak with, befriend and learn from individuals who are dedicated to making a change, to healing the planet, who have more experience with ecology work, who have started ONGs that made an impact, people of all levels of experience and achivement in this area.
- To have spent an average of at least four hours a day together with my wife.
IX. Two Year Goals
- To have fully edited and widely published my autobiography book.
- To have fully edited and widely published my children’s stories book.
- To have published at least three books, including the first fully edited book of my heavenly education series.
- To have started a blog dedicated to education and the birthing, raising and educating of prodigious children.
- To have acted in my first movie or film.
- To have read all relevant available literature on education, alternative education, pregnancy, nutrition, pregnancy nutrition, prenatal environment, infantile environment, child psychology, prodigious psychology, gifted children, child health, child rearing, etc.
- To have read another fifty books and thousand articles.
- To have earned at least ten thousand euro from freelance writing.
- To have earned at least a thousand euro from acting.
- To have earned at least twenty five thousand euro while working no more than four hours a day, and saved or invested six thousand of those.
- To start doing volunteering, part-time or private-tutoring work teaching children, in order to learn how to teach and experiment with various education techniques, to find my style as a teacher and gain experience interacting with and observing children of various ages, witnessing first-hand the effects of the teaching methods and concepts that I learn of.
- To travel around the world in search of great teachers that I can learn from and that I can blog about, covering a broad range of skills focused on those that I would like me and my children to posess, and to discuss with them, perhaps in the form of an interview, their own philosophy and methodology of teaching, to then blog about.
X. One Year Goals
- To have completed my autobiography book with at least twelve chapters, epilogue, prologue, cover and design, to have given it to my friends and those it involves as a Christmas gift, and clarified to them that I would appreciate feedback, honest reviews and improvement advice.
- To have completed my Nature’s Logos magazine, complete with full editing and a great design, as well as the book that I had omitted from it previously, and to have given it all to my former high-school teachers as a Christmas gift, making sure that at least Sandoiu Gabriel will read it.
- To have written a fully illustrated children’s stories book with the very best stories picked from among my bi-weekly stories and to start pitching it to publishers and finding translators.
- To have started a blog dedicated to self-improvement and the transcension of normal human limitations of mind and body, that I will consistently post to as I make my own self-improvement journey, and eventually rank as a power blog to draw the attention of individuals that might help me on this journey and with my larger goal of evolution.
- To have written at least fifty articles for my blogs, and at least fifty others for guest posting and my clients.
- To have read at least fifty books and a thousand articles.
- To have read all essential literature on self-improvement, psychology, success, peak performance, super-human performance, talent development, skill acquisition, fitness, intellectual enhancement, emotional control, awareness, quality traits, self-observation, increasing sensory acuity etc.
- To have completed my first year of acting training at the Instituto Del Cine Madrid.
- To have taken at least twelve skills courses in-person and twelve skills courses online.
- To have learned the basics of online marketing, including SEO, social media, email, inbound, promoting via platforms and aggregators, affiliating and guesting, and paid advertising.
- To have earned at least a thousand euro from freelance writing.
- To have succeeded in earning a full-time income as a part-time freelance writer, in having built up several high-quality, regular clients, and in having new clients come to me rather than me having to look for them.
- To have earned at least twenty thousand euro while working no more than four hours a day.
- To have gone on short weekend trips to thirty three of the most beautiful places on earth, and on an extended, one-month journey throughout the highlights of a continent (e.g. an African Safari, a backpacking trip throughout Asia etc.).
- To have participated in a hundred auditions and gotten my first movie or film role.
- To have tried out over a hundred self-improvement techniques and methods in various areas (e.g. MovNav for physical fitness), and connected with individuals also interested in self-improvement with various levels of accomplishment in their main areas of focus. To learn from them and interview them for my blog.
- To have connected with the owners of and eventually guest posted on over a hundred quality self-improvement blogs, and spoken with over a hundred more enthusiasts on social media.
XI. Nine Months Goals
- Complete another three chapters of my autobiography book.
- Write nine more children’s stories.
- Write nine more blog articles.
- Edit the final three issues of Nature’s Logos.
- Keep learning SEO and social media marketing and start learning email marketing.
- Earn at least 100 euro per month teaching children English or other topics.
- Earn at least 200 euro per month matched betting.
- Earn at least 500 euro per month freelance writing.
- Earn at least 1000 euro per month as a TA.
- Start practicing investing and trading with small amounts.
XII. Six Months Goals
- Complete another three chapters of my autobiography book.
- Write nine more children’s stories.
- Write nine more blog articles.
- Edit another three issues of Nature’s Logos.
- Read at least another twelve books and six hundred articles.
- Keep learning SEO and start learning social media marketing.
- Earn at least 200 euro per month from freelance writing.
- Earn at least 1200 euro per month from my TA job.
- Earn at least 200 euro per month from matched betting.
- Make arrangements to start teaching English or other topics to children.
- Promote my writer and self-improvement blogs using the SEO and social media marketing techniques I learned, in addition to all other means I know of.
- Gain a steady monthly income of 200 euro from freelance projects.
- Raise my monthly income from matched betting to 200 euro per month.
- Publish and promote my blogs through social media, SEO and any other means.
- Create my own online shop site selling smartphone accesories, or anything really, and solve all issues related to it (legal, tax, producer sourcing, delivery services etc.), possibly in collaboration with an acquaintance.
XIII. Three Months Goals
- Choose the domain name and theme for my new self-improvement blog, and write at least four quality new articles to publish on it and its about page and mission statement.
- Write at least six other articles for clients or my existing writer blog.
- Finish another chapter of my autobiography book
- Edit issue fourteen of my Nature’s Logos magazine.
- Earn at least 1500 euro working as a TA.
- Gain at least one paying freelance writing client.
- Earn at least 200 euro from matched betting.
- Invest at least 100 euro.
- Start learning SEO and weblog and webshop building and social media, email and advertising promotion.
XIV. Two Months Goals
- Finish one chapter of my autobiographic book.
- Finish and edit another nine children’s stories.
- Finish editing the thirteenth issue of my Nature’s Logos magazine.
- Have written and fully edited and illustrated another nine articles, either for my weblog, for guest posting or for clients.
- Learn SEO: read a book on the topic, bookmark and organize power blogs and authority sites and figures, read articles, buy and watch a course and apply in practice to optimize my own website and content.
- Read a hundred articles on topics of interest, including at least 21 on SEO
- Read another four books on topics related to education, ecology, self-improvement, and writing.
- View seven more random Ted or Tedx talks.
- Further promote my writer blog on various platforms, on social media, to other bloggers and to clients, and continue commenting and connecting with blog owners.
- Apply to or pitch for a hundred writing jobs or guest post opportunities.
- Earn at least 100 euro from matched betting in Spain.
XV. One Month Goals
- Finish one chapter of my autobiographic book.
- Finish editing up to the eleventh issue of my Nature’s Logos magazine.
- Finish writing, editing, optimizing and illustrating four articles – one over 10000 words, one between 10000 and 5000 words, one between 5000 and 1000 words and one under 1000 words – for my weblog.
- Complete all modules of the Freedom Machine course.
- Finish reading “Breakthrough Advertising”.
- Sketch a mindmap of the knowledge and skills I need for my goals, and seek, index and plan a learning path through the top related blogs, courses, books and teachers.
- Complete thirty chapters of my Spanish grammar book, and learn 300 new words, also doing a review of my progress.
- Read one hundred great articles on the topics of immediate interest to me.
- Complete four Masterclasses.
- Promote my weblog and articles on my social media profiles, to my new contacts, on Medium, and everywhere else I can.
- Start building an email list and choose and learn to use an email campaign management plugin or service. Also build a contact list by categories on my social media and through bookmarking contact info.
- Figure out the sports betting laws in Spain and, if they are favorable, make the arrangements to start matched betting.
- Find reliable enough sources of information on investment opportunities, and make a draft of our monthly financial statement for Madrid, setting aside an investments budget consisting of any of my income that exceeds 1500 euro per month.
- Earn at least 1600 dollars working as a Udemy Teaching Assistant this month.
- Plan the first week of our stay in Madrid, including identify several apartments to visit and evaluate, and prepare all documents necessary to submit our application.
XVI. Three Weeks Goals
- Finish writing and editing two children’s stories.
- Finish writing one section of one chapter of my autobiography book.
- Finish editing the side article of the twelfth issue of my Nature’s Logos magazine.
- Finish the “Beyond Schooling: A Heroic Education” article, complete with photos, SEO optimization, and content editing.
- Watch “Emotion” or another movie on Gaia.
- Complete three sections of Jonas’s NodeJS course on Udemy
- Watch seven talks on Ted on random interesting topics.
- Read Rosenberg Marshall’s Living Nonviolent Communication.
- Complete seven chapters of my Spanish grammar book, and learn 70 new Spanish words.
- Complete Judie Foster’s “Filmmaking” Masterclass.
- Read three great articles on each of the topics of freelancing, writing, blogging, making a Udemy course, teaching, alternative education, and worldschooling.
- Continue thoughtfully commenting and posting on the blogs I followed and social media groups I joined.
- Join yet another seven social media groups and follow yet another seven blogs.
- Apply to at least seventy jobs on job boards and blogs with my new portfolio weblog.
- Brainstorm, study and plan how to make and release a Udemy course of my own.
XVII. Two Weeks Goals
- Finish writing one section of one chapter of my autobiography book.
- Finish the “Ultimate Guide To A Zero-Waste Lifestyle” article, complete with photos, SEO optimization, and content editing.
- Finish editing the main article of the twelfth issue of my Nature’s Logos magazine.
- Complete R.L. Stine’s “Writing For Young Audiences” Masterclass
- Complete three sections of Jonas’s NodeJS course on Udemy.
- Read Brene Brown’s Daring Greatly.
- Complete seven chapters of my Spanish grammar book, and learn 70 new words.
- Read three great articles on each of the topics of freelancing, blogging, writing, ecology, waste reduction, Spanish tax laws, and matched betting in Spain.
- Deep customize my writing portfolio weblog’s header, including a custom logo, great title and tagline, and professional background photo.
- Deep customize my social media profiles to reflect my new professional activity, using a variation of my website’s new header or a similar, brand-building image.
- Join 7 more job boards, social media groups etc. for freelance writers.
- Start commenting on and thoughtfully replying to the posts of the writers on whose blogs I want to guest post, and thoughtfully posting and commenting within the communities that I joined on social media.
- Give my wife flowers, a great birthday cake, a picnic with new food items, a new Afro style haircut, and a Sejour on the Rhine with my full attention and planned out conversation topics for her birthday.
- Write a letter to a specific individual who may be able to help me with my goals (I will not share their identity publicly).
XVIII. One Week Goals
- Finish writing one section of one chapter of my autobiography book.
- Finish the “Design For A Life” article, complete with photos, SEO optimization, and content editing.
- Finish editing the first article of the thirteenth issue of Nature’s Logos magazine.
- Finish reading Mythic Structures For Writers.
- Complete David Baldacci’s Writing Masterclass.
- Read three great articles on each of the topics of freelance writing, blogging, self-improvement, goal setting, education, world schooling, ecology, and waste reduction.
- Complete seven chapters of the Spanish grammar book, and learn 70 new words.
- Complete up to section 4 of the Guitar course.
- Complete the development of my content marketing business website, including reforging my portfolio and contact pages, adding my process page, writing the copy for my two additional service pages, running a full responsiveness check, adding animations to each text element where appropriate, smoothing out color and font size usage, increasing margins uniformity and paying attention to other details in order to craft a truly professional website.
- Complete thoroughly reading and listening to all resources provided or recommended by Copyblogger’s Content Marketing Course.
- Complete module 1 of Smartblogger’s Freedom Machine course.
- Bookmark 7 of the best freelance writing, content marketing or copywriting power blogs and authority sites, and 7 smaller blogs that I can quickly start following, engaging with, and guest posting on.
- Join 7 Facebook Communities and 7 LinkedIn Groups, and write 7 Tweets using targeted hashtags for freelance writers, content marketers or copywriters. Also, connect with 7 potential clients on each of the three social platforms.
- Rework my LinkedIn profile to be more professional and impressive and to more accurately reflect my talents as a content marketer.
- Establish the niche of my new Freedom Machine blog.
1. Eliminate any and all instances of vulgarity from my speech and manners. Vulgarity is a sure sign of mental instability, of emotional immaturity, of not caring about and respecting oneself and others, and is almost universally indicative of a negative person. I don’t want to get infected or be infectious with this social pandemic, far more harmful and wide-spread than the more recent one.
XIX. One Day Goals (Tomorrow)
- Finish making the first draft of this goal list, complete with all timeline sections.
- Brainstorm and make a list of all sources of income to try out in the near future that could help me reach my financial goals.
- Update the Services page of my writing portfolio weblog to make it responsive and animated and to add proper content separators along with smoothing out some details.
- Reduce the Udemy Q&A where I work as a TA down to under 100 questions across all courses.
- Re-watch three modules of Copyblogger’s Content Marketer Certification course on DigitalCommerceAcademy and follow the links to the various articles.
- Complete three more sections of the first module of SmartBlogger’s Freedom Machine.
- Complete three lessons of David Baldacci’s Writing Masterclass.
- Write satisfactorily at least one portion of one section of one chapter of my bookțs first draft.
- Read a chapter of Mythic Structures For Writers.
- Read three great articles on the topic of content marketing.
- Complete a new lesson of my guitar course and practice for at least ten minutes.
- Have a prayer or meditation session of at least five minutes anytime at night together with my wife.
To this Goals Chart, which is a tracker and list for variable tasks, is added the Recurring Goals Chart, which is a tracker and list for constant tasks, repeated at regular intervals.
XX. Recurring Goals
1. Develop and maintain a regular sleep schedule of 9-6, or find and maintain whatever regular sleep schedule enables me to feel most well-rested and refreshed.
The obstacles to surmount: 1) my wife has different sleep goals and patterns, as well as different preferences for the amount of light and touch. Should we sleep separately or reach a compromise? Should I strive to enforce this schedule for both of us or accept no longer going to sleep and waking up together?
2. Develop and maintain a daily exercise schedule of one hour of whatever sport or training program I feel most enjoyable and find to have the best effect on my physical fitness and well-being. Some mix of high-intensity interval training, body-weight strength training, MovNat practice, and mixed martial arts practice seems best.
The obstacle to surmount: shortening travel time to locations enabling the exercise routines, finding instructors for the beginning phase of my training program. Likely solution: practice at home with only a weekly attendance of instructor-assisted classes.
3. Develop and maintain a daily meditation routine of whatever style of meditation, yoga or other practice I feel has the best effect on my mental fitness and well-being.
The obstacle to surmount: shortening travel time to locations enabling the meditation routines, finding instructors for the beginning phase of my training program. Likely solution: practice at home with only a weekly attendance of instructor-assisted classes.
4. Develop and maintain a regular daily eating schedule of whatever healthy foods I like most that add up to one hundred percent of all my daily nutrient needs while not going above one hundred percent of the caloric needs of my weight loss or maintenance program.
The obstacle to surmount: doing a nutrient analysis of my chosen foods to preserve optimum nutritional and caloric intake despite large variability of food choices, maintaining a vegan diet while ensuring proper intake of nutrients, finding the time to cook and eat properly. Likely solution: finding and perfecting a single weekly plan thoroughly analyzed to ensure optimum nutrient and caloric intake while also providing sufficient variety if repeated indefinitely with only a few minor variations at each repetition.
5. Write tomorrow’s goals in the bullet journal every evening and review today’s goals from the bullet journal every morning.
The obstacle to surmount: finding a layout and keeping a pile of prints handy to pin on my desk or wall, or finding a pre-formatted calendar-style notebook for my bullet journal, so as not to waste time manually drawing the layout every day. Likely solution: order pre-made Bullet Journal optimized notebooks straight from the author.
6. Write four hours for my books and stories and four hours for my blog articles and client work every day.
The obstacle to surmount: There are many distractions when working on a computer, from email and social media to it being hard to stop consuming blog articles and courses and start producing them instead. Likely solution: set aside time with the phone and notifications turned off and with no tab open beside the blog article to be written itself, or maybe dedicate an entire empty browser with no history, bookmarks or cookies to it and only it.
7. Read actual high-value books for sixty minutes every day.
The obstacle to surmount: My wife takes up my evening time, which may be the best time to read. Likely solution: spend more time with my wife throughout the day so that I can find an hour in the evening to read. Additionally, perhaps spend a bit less time cooking.
8. Work on developing a valuable skill for sixty minutes every day.
The obstacle to surmount: Once again, my wife takes up my afternoon time, which may be the best time to learn a skill. Likely solution: build mid-day nap time into our together time, perhaps napping in each other’s embrace. Additionally, perhaps spend a bit less time cooking.
- Read a book and ten articles.
- Publish a blog article on each of my blogs.
- Complete a freelance project (for now).
- Clean and organize my house including my clothes (possibly delegated later).
- Go on a one or two-day weekend trip outside of my current city of residence.
- Write next week’s goals in my bullet journal
- Write next month’s goals in my bullet journal.
- Write at least one chapter of one of my books.
- Take one or two new skill courses, whether in-person or online.
- Form a new positive habit and eliminate an old negative habit if any are left.
- Write at least two books, and publish at least one.
- Read at least fifty books and five hundred articles.
- Take at least twenty new skill courses, whether in-person or online.
- Publish at least fifty blog articles on each of my blogs.
- Make a review of my goal progress, my goal-setting process, my approach to reaching my goals, my next year’s goals, and the main lessons that I learned in the past year in order to improve myself and everything I do, including setting better goals.
- Plant at least twice as many trees as the year before, starting with two trees this year (2020).